1894 Founded in Lorain, Ohio (USA).
1918 Lorain designs the first rubber tyred gantry crane.
1964 Lorain merges with Thew Shield Company therefore becoming Thew Lorain Company.
1967 Thew Lorain Company is bought by Koehring Group.
1967 Koehring was bought by Northwest Engineering (which later changed its name to Terex); The Lorain brand becomes part of Terex Cranes.
Fonti: sito terex.com